Sunday 16 September 2012

Sam's Crossbow

Today Sam made a large crossbow. He carved a length of wood and managed to bend it and secure the ends to the straight length of wood. He went in to the shed and worked hard all afternoon. The crossbow is really strong and meticulously tied. I started to draw his creation and realised I was not going to be able to fit the end on to my sketchbook-hence the dark edge and the 'cut off bit' on the right.

So why was Sam doing this rather than playing on the computer or his PS 3? Punishment is the short answer and not doing as he should when JB and I were out on my birthday! But I have to add, Sam has taken it on the chin and actually enjoyed his day. Holly and Jack are most impressed with his creation- well, Jack is, girls don't really care about this kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment